Sunday, October 11, 2009

Laura's Update from Portland! I Miss You Guy's!!






Hey Guy’s It’s me Laura I figured it’s about time I get around to updating this whole blog thing I’ll get better at though! Sorry. So let’s see well I’ll start off where I left many of you, I moved to Huntington, Indiana with the Family. Drove Across the country with Joey, Adrienne, and Mom and Dad. Sooo FUN!! Long trip filled with many lasting memories and adventures! I posted some pictures of the epic pic to fill those of you that missed out on the trip ) Becky, Erica, Collette, and Landon.) I do have to admit moving to a new house was huge and life changing for our family and it was a little sad making the trip knowing we’ve all kind of grown up and we don’t all move with the fam anymore. It was so weird to go to events and Dad to introduce the fam with just me and Adrienne there weird. Our family is certainly never complete without all of you in it! I miss all of you and look forward to the times when we can be together all at once. So here are some pics from our road trip I will narrate with them a little bit.

So I just moved back to Portland in September as many of you know, it’s been a little hard, but I have been really blessed. I am staying with Sarah’s Parents in Boring, OR which is just beautiful up here It’s getting to be quite a hike to school and work but with the new max system that goes all the way to Clackamas I have been able to just bypass using my car a ton but I still use it more then I should. I work at Olive Garden as a server right now the Sunnyside one so you should tell people to come and visit me I love running into people I know there! In fact just this week I ran into Kathryn Mckilenson sooo nice to see her she’s a sweetheart! She just went on and on about how much Joey helped them out with painting and hanging out with dave! So proud of you Joe it was a good moment to be your sis! Lol Anyways let’s see well yeah so I work all the time haha shocker I know! Um But I have school Mondays and Wensdays and Chemistry and then I’m also taking Human Dev psych 215, and Anthropology online right now so it keeps me busy! I have fallen in love with my anthropology class though it is really really interesting and I think I want to like minor in that because I really enjoy it. Oh yeah I’m taking ballet and I’m really bad at it! Lol it’s like just beg ballet but it’s really hard lol I’m not as graceful as my days in the living room! Haha But its fun and I totally encourage all of you to go out and join some sort of class you were interested in but thought you’d never be good at because it actually is really fun and is teaching me a lot!

So this weekend was kinda busy Sarah got married Yesterday!! It was really beautiful but freezing it was pretty day but really windy and it was like 50 degrees outside and really cold! It was a really small wedding but it was fun to see everyone again and sarah looked really pretty! I helped out with decorating and taking Jeremy’s (sarah’s husband) parents on a practice run to the airport yesterday because they were really scared they’d get lost haha but it was fun, and then they had never been to Portland so I showed them the vista house and Multnomah falls in the morning to it was intresting because they were like complete strangers but I really had fun with them. So during the wedding dinner Sarah’s aunt came up to me and was like you have 30 minutes to decide what you want to say your giving the toast!! I was like what?? I was so scared and I didn’t really want to do it but Sarah thought since I was really the only one that knew Jeremy I should; so I asked Amanda if she would help me and me and Amanda gave a co toast lol. But it was scary talking in front of all those people and I was really nervous but it went well. They had so many random great foods at the wedding which mom all have to get the recipe for a few and bring them to thanksgiving or something because they had these lil smokies with bacon wrapped around them!! Dipped in some kinda of sauce lol it was soooo good lol I ate like four, and I ate like way too much food so many different cobblers and cakes haha I went a lil overboard.

Anyways This week is looking a little busy already but sounds like it will be a good week! Tomorrow me and Joey are making dinner over Grandma and Grandpa Ricks for his bday!! I have school all day tmrw too; but then Tuesday I’m going to my fav bands concert Brand New I have never seen them in concert so I’m really really excited! That will be the highlight of my week for sure! I have my first chem. Exam this week and working hopefully applying to some other nursing homes the VA and I’m applying for this sweet job at the expo center that Rosanna is trying to get me because I’m need a second job to start saving some money! Lol Don’t we all! But Anyways sorry I bored you all with stuff I will try to be more regular so I can tell all of you my ridiculous stories that I always wish I could see you and tell you about right when they happen haha. But I love you all and hope you have a great Sunday!!

Oh so I was going through some of pictures and I found some of these from last thanksgiving and well from like a while ago and I though you all would like to see them! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment