Monday, August 31, 2009

As an avid movie-goer I thought it would be a good idea to take this as an opportunity to share with those whom I love, my thoughts on whats going on at the cineplex...






(500) Days of Summer: A refreshing romantic comedy that admits upfront it's not a love story. It has a great cast and an even better soundtrack; and it's really funny. It's an independent movie, so there is a lot of visually cool stuff that you don't typically see in films today. WARNING: It does contain some rom-com cliches in that there is some crude sex jokes/scenarios.



The Time Traveler's Wife: Okay me and Erica walked out of this movie 45 min through, because it sucked. It was melodramatic and didn't make no sense. I argee with Peter Travers of Rolling Stone when he said, "I'd watch the vibrant Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana in anything, but The Time Traveler's Wife is pushing it." In short, I wished I could time travel during this movie.

Man on Wire: This movie is out on DVD, so go rent it! It's a unique documentary on a guy who walked on wire in between the two world trade centers. He and a team of others accomplished this illegaly. The footage is exhilirating and if you stick it out it's worth it. You'll have to skip some "weird" scene lol.


UP: The latest from Disney/Pixar is terriffic! And that's an understatement, it's really funny and heartwarming. Bishop took the priests to go see it for my bday this past weekend. Oh yeah and Becky cried four times during it, so that should be reason enough to go see it.







10 comments:

  1. Joey,
    Thanks for the reviews. Can I get my money back from you if I don't like one of your recomendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jo. Now I really want to see the two you thumbed up and I'm disappointed in Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I know. Me too lol but watch state of play i think it's out today on dvd and you will forgive her lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The proposal was really good! you should see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey, I thought time traveler's wife was a dud too! You should add Julie&Julia to your list! I also want to see the new Sandra Bullock movie coming out soon. I really want to see the movie " Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" with you sometime this holiday! I LOVE YOU Joey! xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom I hope you are talking about THE BLIND SIDE and not ALL ABOUT STEVE lol....Alright sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh mom! I really wanna see julie and julia! We should go together!!! Joseph.. you're freaking hilarious. And I also want to say, since we're talking about movies, that you shouldn't bother with sunshine cleaning... Really. Especially unedited. Just promise me you won't do that. It just wasn't that good. KISSES though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA HA um girls seem to enjoy it more but it wasn't painful to watch. there were some funny parts. SOME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noticed that Collette and Joey are tied for most comments. Joey wants the most, so I thought I'd do that for him. Love your blog! Makes me laugh every time. You can check ours out at khpickup.blogspot.com if you want to be bored by our lifes events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know about the movies. Jason and I are always messed up going to Redbox and never seem to find anything good to watch.

    ReplyDelete